Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
40m – Analysis Hbox vs Leffen THB7 LS
Some good things I saw Hbox do:
– Undershoot a SHFFL Upair to catch fox coming in.
– After landing to avoid getting grabbed he SH Retreating Nair’d to avoid the grab
– On/around ledge when Fox Upsmashed but Puff too far away to punish, he change up dair’d to get behind fox and get some likely hits, otherwise it gets him out of the corner.
– After dair/shine, Puff has enough time to WDOOS away before fox can grab
– After Fox dair, Puff can instant spot dodge to avoid grab
– At ledge Hbox NEVER tries to bair through fox.
15m – Rewatching Analysis of Maca vs Scared – Downsmash Brisbane Dec
– When he’s DD pressuring me in the corner I can escape to the platform
– There was a situation where he shined off stage but I grabbed the ledge first. He DJ back onto stage and I could have jumped off ledge and paired him
– I have a habit of going over fox, which I shouldn’t do
10m – Crouching WDs
Notes: Errors at the start but about 2-3 minutes in it started getting really good.
20m – Neutral practice vs 4.06 Lvl9 Fox
Feel like I have had a revelation in the matchup over the last few days due to my analysis and reading Alex’s fox guide. Just the idea that I want to keep a bit more than 1 BF ledge distance between me and fox as well as the realisation that I shouldn’t be going through and over fox but rather poking him and letting him come to me has made me see the matchup in a new light.
WDing and aerial drift are now spacing tools I can use to keep the right distance between me and Fox. I can use them to get away when he is presuring me or get closer when I want to pressure him.