Total time: 2 hours
25m – Watching Hbox vs Plup Sheik to work out sheik matchup
Trying to work out an overall game plan against sheik. From this game what I think is true is
– Sheik wins in the air against Puff. Puff has to use her aerial drift to get sheik to whiff in the air and punish her.
– Trying to trade with sheik is a bad idea. She is faster and stronger with her aerials than Puff.
– When sheik hits Puff’s shield Puff just needs to instantly get out of there with a WD back or a roll
– Puff is strong directly below sheik
– Puff wants to be crouching a lot
– Stay outside that 45% needle range completely, including the jumping needle range. Just stay above it.
30m – SH Practice vs Lvl9 4.06 Fox FD
15m – Watching Hbox vs Mango Falco to work out the falco matchup
– Uses full hop a lot more in this matchup
– After being hit with a single laser immediately jumps as to not get stuck in shield
– Rolls or WD’s out of any shield pressure so doesn’t give falco time for anything like a grab or shines
– Nair way more useful in this matchup when compared to fox. So is upair
– Maybe Puff feels comfortable being above falco and coming down on him?
30m – Crouching WDs
Notes: Was rusty at the start, missing lots of golds and doing lots of air dodges. Nice and crispy towards the end though
20m – Falco Practice (Lvl9 4.06 FD)
Notes: Practicing acting out of lasers and shield pressure as well as upair combos.