Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
30m – Reading the 4 Aspect of Melee
Notes: In regards to mindgames it’s a good idea to watch yourself. If you can call out what you’re going to do that’s a really bad sign and you need to learn to mix up whatever it is.
15m – Watching Hungrybox vs S2J GR-X 2017
– Falcon can’t do much against crouching Puff. Falcon wants grabs and crouching negates grab and a lot of falcons grounded moves.
– Puff likes to compete with falcon around SH aerial height and horizontally.
– Puff can catch falcon in the air with upair while falcon is still rising. Much more dangerous if falcon is falling
– Range is hard to quantify at the moment. I feel like Hbox is staying in a range where he can quickly hit falcon but when falcon can’t use his speed to his advantage. Almost like he’s forcing him to FH as SH would overshoot
Extra notes: I’m considering breaking my analysis down into
1. Don’t get hit analysis (why exactly did I get hit and how could I have avoided it?)
2. Extend the combo analysis (what could I have done to keep a combo going?)
3. Missed Opportunity Analysis (could I have hit them or done something good but didn’t?)
4. Death hit analysis (what sequence led to my death and how can I avoid it in future?)
10m – Crouching WDs
Notes: Getting so good at gold now that I ocan begin to focus on removing the green. Generally there is a little bit of green better most WDs.
10m – Crouching WD back SH forward
Notes: At the start I could only FH forward. After about 2 minutes of practice on each side I was able to SH after the WD. Might need to practice this a little bit each day.
20m – Fox Punish Practice (Lvl1 Normal Battlefield)
Notes: Focus on WD back SH aerial as well as reading techs and some punish stuff. Occasionally up air can be used to snipe the fox at the ledge during a low % edgeguard
55m – Netplay vs Quetz