Total time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
Things to test:
– Does shield drop rest beat dair shine for falco/fox? Or stomp for falcon, dair/fair from Marth, fair or upair from shiek, or even float canceled fair from peach?
– Dropping off ledge and jumping up > rest can be used to punish overcommitted moves. Eg. Fox fsmash or upsmash
– For ledge dashing dropping off with C stick makes it easier
15m – Fox Punish Practice (Lvl9 4.06 Battlefield)
20m – Crouching WDs
Notes: Hands already sore from yesterday but went about 5 minutes before I started to notice it.
30m – Marth Punish Practice (Lvl1 Vanilla Battlefield)
Notes: His fall speed and weight plus the way he contorts when he jumps is throwing me off. Getting better though.
Idea: If I getup from ledge and miss his fsmash could I run up Rest him?
10m – Labbing Resting Marth Fsmash on getup
Notes: It’s possible but frames are tight and unlikely to work if Marth is in tipper range. Also unlikely you can simple react to the fsmash to get it. It needs to be a read. Though you likely could shield on reaction if he didn’t fsmash
10m – Labbing Resting Marth Fsmash
Notes: Possible but only when close up to Marth. Otherwise frames would be too tight
10m – Marth Practice (4.06 Lvl9 Battlefield)
Notes: Fuck he’s fast
10m – Ledgedashing Practice
Notes: Worked out how to record it and playback to see how well I did
30m – Watched Alex’s Analysis of MaXy’s game
– Bair can be good to get stage space when recovering, but be careful if they are waiting for the whiff
– When you’re already grounded look for a grab, when you’re already in the air look for an aerial
– I need to eventually work out how to SDI fox’s upthrow upairs
– My fox punish needs massive work, as does my reaction edgeguarding
– I should watch more of these as it gives go situational insight. I should also get them done myself.